Here is a closer look at a lot of the day-to-day in science: an introduction to programming, behind the scenes of research articles, and articles I found especially enlightening.
Behind the Scenes:
– Couzin et al. 2011, Science: Uninformed individuals promote democratic consensus in animal groups.
Radio appearances (all on Princeton’s radio station WPRB):
– 4/29/16: short interview about sustainable development blog Highwire Earth
– 8/23/16: in-depth profile on my research on the emergent properties of groups
– 12/20/16: in-depth interview on the relationship between scientists and the public, scientific involvement in policy decisions, and echo chambers
– 8/29/17: short interview on the “Devil’s chess” process of doing science
Others’ Words of Wisdom:
“The Awesomest 7-Year postdoc or: how I learned to stop worrying and enjoy the tenure-track faculty life.”
– Radhika Nagpal, Fred Kavli Professor of Computer Science at Harvard University